If you are not familiar with dental erosion, also known as enamel erosion, it is important to begin to take steps to understand what you can do to keep your smile safe. Being aware of the numerous causes of enamel erosion is essential in order to protect your teeth in the long run. Furthermore, once you are aware of the risk factors of enamel erosion, treatments and preventive measures can be taken to help keep your smile safe, such as the following:
– Always make sure any tools you’re using for your dental erosion prevention care are soft and will not cause further dental erosion. This includes using brushes with soft bristles and non-abrasive toothpaste.
– Be sure to brush and floss your teeth every single day to help remove any plaque buildup or debris that may begin to collect in your mouth.
– To keep your smile safe, limit the consumption of sugars which have been known to turn into harmful acids in your mouth capable of causing dental erosion. Exercise caution with all aspects of your diet to keep your smile safe.
– Saliva production is essential to lower your risk for dental erosion by keeping your mouth clean and safe from all oral health ailments. To help produce additional saliva, try chewing sugarless gum or eating crunchy foods with a high water content.
– Always be sure that your mouth is clean and free of acidic ingredients as they are known risk factors for dental erosion.
If you are ready to see what we can do to help prevent and treat dental erosion, please come visit Marze Dental at our dentist office in Sherman, Texas. Dr. Brawley T. Marze Jr. and our team can be reached at 903-892-4531.