Do you wake up with discomfort in your jaw or on the side of your face? Have you been told you snap your teeth while you sleep? If this sounds like you, you could be experiencing a condition called bruxism. Bruxism is a treatable condition that occurs while you sleep. This condition is essential to treat, so you can persevere your jaw and your teeth’s health.
Our dentist, Dr. Brawley Marze, is happy to help you with your bruxism. Furthermore, our team at Marze Dental in Sherman, Texas, is excited to teach you some fundamentals on the basics of bruxism that could be causing your discomfort.
Here are a few fundamentals about bruxism:
– If you are suffering from bruxism, signs could often be present when you wake up in the morning.
– Bruxism can often produces several worn tooth enamel or fractured teeth.
– You could also experience an increase in tooth sensitivity and sore jaw muscles.
– As it is a condition in which you grind your teeth, it may be important to visit our dentist for a night guard to help protect your teeth.
– If you experience jaw discomfort or a locked jaw, it could be linked to bruxism.
– If you have any sensations of earaches or a dull headache originating in your temples, it could be related to this condition.
If you are looking for help with your jaw pain, or if you are in need of an experienced and skilled dentist, please call us today at 903-892-4531 to set up a one-on-one consultation. Our team is happy to help you and your smile.